- Casein protein (pronounced kay-seen) is the main protein found in milk. Casein makes up approximately 80% of the protein in cow’s milk while the remaining 20% comes from whey
- Proper casein protein ingestion can produce protein weight loss by reducing your appetite and giving you that feeling of being full
- As opposed to rapid protein absorption like its whey counterpart, 100% casein protein is absorbed by the body over a number of hours by forming a gel in the stomach. Whey protein is absorbed into the system in as little as 40 minutes. This slow release helps the body to maintain muscle, which helps the body lose weight
100% casein protein is the protein that is used in meal replacement powders. It is extracted from milk through a UV filtration process which increases the contents of bioactive milk peptides. Milk peptides help support the immune system and enhance muscle growth.
The power of casein protein results from its ability to be digested very slowly by the body. Amino acid release into the blood stream lasts up to 7 hours after ingestion occurs. This helps the body maintain proper insulin levels which creates an environment for weight loss.
Most people lead such hectic lives that their diet consists of two or three large high calorie high fat meals. This sort of eating pattern causes insulin levels to be elevated, which makes the body resistant to losing weight. Incorporating 100% casein protein into your diet can help fight those cravings to binge and keeps your body operating at an efficient level giving you more energy and nutrition.
An effective strategy for rapid protein weight loss is to take casein protein between meals and at night. This strategy is effective because it keeps the body from going into a catabolic state where it uses precious muscle tissue to fuel itself. This is the body’s signal that it is going into starvation mode, which cause metabolism to come to a halt making weight loss difficult.
Ingesting 100% casein protein between meals helps to avoid eating high calorie snacks that cause you to crash. Your body will operate at an optimal level because you are feeding it nutrients and amino acids instead of junk full of sugar and fat. When taken at night you will avoid the dreaded late night snack binge. Eating food high in carbohydrates, fat and calories at night has many drawbacks. Most people are sedentary at night so the calories ingested are not burned off as energy. This means they have nowhere to go except to your thighs and belly.
Your insulin levels also spike making the body resistant to weight loss. Late night eating can disrupt sleeping patterns making the body further resistant to losing weight. The result is you wake up feeling groggy and tired with a body that does not want to lose weight. By taking casein protein before bed you will feel full all night and wake up refreshed with a body that is primed to lose unwanted weight.